Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and purchase the item, we may receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products or services that we believe will add value to our readers and are aligned with our values.
Hey crafty friends! Today I’m excited to share a fun and easy tutorial on creating a beautiful floral card using the ink blending technique. This card features a gorgeous stamp set from Hero Arts called “Marigolds”. So, gather your supplies and let’s get started!
Techniques you’ll learn
Stamping with Clear Stamps, Ink blending, Color matching, Clean and simple design
(If you love the products used in this tutorial, click links to shop now! These are my personal favorites 🙂 Plus, if you purchase the supplies through my affiliate links, you’ll not only support my channel, but you’ll also get everything you need to create your own beautiful handmade cards.)
- Hero Arts “Marigolds” clear stamp set
- Hero Arts Reactive Inks (in various shades of yellow, orange, and green)
- Ink blending tool
- White cardstock
- Scissors or paper trimmer
- Begin by cutting a piece of white cardstock to your desired card size. I typically like to make my cards 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Next, stamp two flower images from the “Marigolds” stamp set onto the white cardstock using black ink. Be sure to leave enough space around the flowers to allow for ink blending.
- Once your images are stamped, choose your favourite shades of Hero Arts Reactive Inks to colour your flowers and leaves. I chose various shades of yellow, orange, and green to give the flowers a realistic look.
- Using your ink blending tool, apply the teal shade to the background of your card. Be sure to blend the ink smoothly to create a seamless background.
- After the ink is completely dry, use scissors or a paper trimmer to trim the excess paper off the edges of your card.
- Lastly, adhere your card front to a blank card base using adhesive. And voila! Your beautiful floral card is ready to be shared with your loved ones.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it helpful. Be sure to check out the Hero Arts website for more amazing stamp sets and crafting supplies. And don’t forget to share your own creations with us on social media using the hashtag #craftingwithHeroArts. Happy crafting!